Preparation Advice for your Spray Tanning
- Exfoliate 24hrs before having your spray tan
- Hair removal (shaving or waxing) should be performed 24 hours before your spray tan
- Remove all jewellery
- Don’t wear contact lenses
- Do not use perfume, make up, deodorants or any moisturiser on the day of your spray tan as this may build up a film on your skin and prevent the tan developing correctly.
- Wear dark bikini/ underwear if desired
After Care Advice Following Your Spray Tan
- Avoid getting hands and skin wet for 8 hours after treatment
- Do not re-apply makeup up to 8 hours after (mascara is ok)
- Do not exercise up to 8 hours after
- Always bring loose comfortable dark coloured clothing to put on after your spray tan.
- Do not wear a bra, socks or any tight clothing (leggings, etc) whilst your tan is developing, don’t forget to bring loose fitting shoes too
- It is advisable to leave the spray tan lotion on your skin for a minimum of 5 hours, although it is recommended to leave on as long as possible before showering. You may sleep overnight in the lotion, however it may transfer to your bed linen spray tan lotion will wash out of cotton products but may not wash out of materials made up of manmade fibres.
- It is advised that you do not shave or exfoliate for as long as possible after treatment as this will remove the tan
- Avoid swimming in the days after treatment as chlorine will remove the tan.
- Please note that spray tans do not contain a sun protection (SPF)