POLARIS LASER HAIR REMOVAL BEFORE AND AFTER CARE
Why live with unwanted hair? – there’s no need to wax, shave or pluck any longer – now you can have smooth hair free skin always with Polaris laser hair removal. Laser hair removal is the safe solution for unwanted hair on men as well as women.
What to do Before Laser Treatment:
- Shave the area to be treated 24 hours prior to treatment
- Ensure your skin is not recently suntanned either naturally or self-tan application
- Ensure your skin is clean and free from any chemicals, deodorant and please keep hairspray away from skin.
Please do not:
- Wax, pluck epilate, thread or remove hair from the root for at least 10 days prior to your first treatment nor throughout the duration of your course of treatments
- Expose the area to the sun within 4-6 weeks before, after and during treatment
- Take part in any strenuous exercise for the first 24 hours after treatment
- Take hot baths or showers immediately following treatment
What to do after treatment:
- Apply aloe vera gel to help soothe the skin
- Look out for shedding – hair might look like it is growing, but is actually shedding. Gentle exfoliation, gentle scrubbing in the shower with a loofa may help to speed up the process.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight – 4-6 weeks before, after and during treatment
- Apply sunscreen with SPF of at least 30 or higher during daylight
We offer a free-of-charge consultation and patch test service so that we can advise you as to how many treatments are appropriate for you.
What is laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is a procedure that removes hair from the body by disabling follicles from producing hair using a long-pulsed laser. Laser technology works by emitting wavelengths of light that are absorbed by the pigment in the hair (melanin). The success of laser hair removal is dependent on the colour of the hair in relation to the colour of the skin and the time at which the laser treatment for hair removal is carried out. Treatments are most effective on darker and coarser hair because it has a lot of pigment and can absorb a lot of energy. Fine hair cannot absorb so much energy. Treatment at the ultimate time to catch in the hairs in the growing stage [Anagen] will also reduce the number of hair removal sessions required to give clearance.
Both men and women seek laser hair removal to remove unwanted hair. From regions such as the underarm, pubic area, legs, abdomen, lip, chin, back, buttocks, thighs, face, neck, chest, arms and toes.
Hair removal for men
Back and chest hair are the most popular areas that men wish to clear, followed by the face. Due to the hormone Testosterone in men, the clearance rate may take a little longer but the outcome will still be achieved, the same as it does with women. The back or chest may take up to one hour, but a free-of-charge consultation will give you a more accurate estimate. Facial areas usually take only 10 minutes.